AFRY Analytics: a cloud-based digital tool to calculate asset-specific capture price projections
AFRY Analytics represents an easy-to-use and flexible solution for calculating capture price projections for any wind or solar asset worldwide.
Asset-specific revenues are affected by several factors and AFRY Analytics can provide real-time answers to the following questions:
- How will the location and technical details impact the asset revenues?
- Which dispatch strategy will provide the highest capture price projections?
- How will asset specific capture prices change based on the latest AFRY energy price projections?
*Restrictions apply to subscribed markets only.
How it works
To calculate asset-specific capture price projections, the user can select:
- Asset location: clicking any point on the map.
- Technical details: choosing turbine type, hub height, and capacity of the asset and tuning technical parameters to match the expected P50 load factor. Alternatively, for solar PV, the solar type, ground irradiance, tilt and orientation angle and capacity of the asset and tuning technical parameters to match the expected P50 load factor.
- Dispatch strategy: selecting between price-taker or economic curtailment dispatch strategy.
Based on historical irradiance data for the location selected by the user, AFRY Analytics calculates the hourly wind/solar PV generation and determines the asset revenues by multiplying the hourly generation by the corresponding AFRY hourly market price projections. Total revenues and generation are a function of the dispatch strategy adopted.
Final results, including projections of capture prices, capture rates, and percentage of volume curtailed, are reproduced real-time with annual and monthly resolution giving the possibility to download the data in Excel file format.
- Interactive and real time capture price calculation: calculates capture prices and other metrics (i.e. capture rates, percentage of volume curtailed) based on wind data and AFRY hourly price projections.
- Fully customised: select site locations, turbine types, hub heights, and other technical factors to match the P50 of the asset.
- Solar PV types: choose among several types of solar PV currently on the market (i.e. fixed axis, single tracker, dual tracker)
- Ground irradiance: select different ground types (i.e. grass, stones, white paint) by defining their respective albedos
- Technical parameter sensitivity: verify how location and technical details of the asset can impact future revenues.
- Dispatch strategy options: choose to run the asset based on different strategies according to the energy market prices (i.e. price taker strategy, economic curtail strategy) and simulate the best dispatch strategy for avoiding losing subsidy payments during blocks of negative price periods.
- Portfolio assessment: update the capture price projections of the entire portfolio with a simple click.
- Always updated and aligned with the most recent energy market quarterly update release (EMQA) from AFRY pan-European modelling
- Interactive and user-friendly interface
- Comprehensive support available from AFRY Management Consulting
The tool is exclusively available for subscribed markets only. To attend a live demo, request a free trial or for further information, please contact James Cox .